Hisaaki SHINKAI Homepage
General Relativistic Initial data and evolutions, in vacuum and plane-symmetric spacetime, using ADM and/or Ashtekar variables
Hisaaki ShinkaiDescription, Related articles, and Download files
Updated : 2003/4/17
Description:This is the world premire numerical code which uses Ashtekar's variables for classical space-time evolution. The code was written by Hisaaki Shinkai in 1999-2000 when he was a visiting researcher at Pennsylvania State University.
The code supports non-linear wave propagation problem in plane-symmetric vacuum space-time. The initial data will be prepared by York-OMurchadha's conformal method using ICCG scheme. The evolution is performed with various schemes including iCN. The periodic boundary condition is applied.
The published articles aimed to compare the differences of numerical stability between the levels of hyperbolicity of the fundamental evolution equations. These were also the first systematic study in this field.
Related articles:The articles which used this program:
The articles in which we described our basic equations:
- Hyperbolic formulations and numerical relativity : Experiments using Ashtekar's connection variables
with G. Yoneda
Classical and Quantum Gravity 17 (2000) 4799 - 4822
[gr-qc/0005003]; Refers to Cited by
- Hyperbolic formulations and numerical relativity II : Asymptotically constrained systems of Einstein equations
with G. Yoneda
Classical and Quantum Gravity 18 (2001) 441 - 462
[gr-qc/0007034]; Refers to Cited by
- Symmetric hyperbolic system in the Ashtekar formulation
Physical Review Letters 82 (1999) 263-266
[gr-qc/9803077]; Refers to Cited by
- Asymptotically constrained and real-valued system based on Ashtekar's variables
Physical Review D 60 (1999) 101502 (Rapid Communication, 5 pages)
[gr-qc/9906062]; Refers to Cited by
- Constructing hyperbolic systems in the Ashtekar formulation
Int. J. Mod. Phys. D. 9 (2000) 13-34 [pdf local]
[gr-qc/9901053]; Refers to Cited by
- (2003-March-14) ash1d_main.pdf : readme file, main part (in Japanese)
- (2003-March-14) ash1d_app.pdf : readme file, appendix part (in Japanese)
- (2003-March-14) ash1d_030314p.tar.Z which containsMakefile constADM.f evolveASH.f init-wave2.f module_ash1d.f threeR.f adm2ash.f constASH.f evolveASHlam.f initial.f openclose.f tools.f ash1d.f debug.f evolveASHsym.f module_121.f read.f ash2adm.f deriv.f exact.f module_241.f slice-CMC.f ash_input evolve.f iccg.f module_481.f slice.f const.f evolveADM.f init-wave.f module_961.f subs.f
- Edit first lines in Makefile to choose your computer (MacOSX with absoft fortran, Linux with intel fortran, etc).
- type 'make' for compile.
- edit 'ash_input' for input parameters.
- type 'exe*' for run.
- enjoy your results.
- 'readme*' files are in Japanese only, sorry.
Go back to the top page of or
My current Email address is